Wednesday, 1 March 2017

Wednesday 1 March 2017

Beaune's Hotel Dieu is interesting to visit
We enjoyed our visit to Beaune last weekend. We stayed four nights in an Ibis Styles hotel just outside the town ramparts, which was quite convenient for walking round the city. We revisited the Hotel Dieu, a former hospital for the poor, several wine bars and vineyards, we went to Nuit St. Georges which is twinned with Hitchin and Bingen, and we had some nice meals including one at a three star restaurant.

Women and Jazz, 2017
Having returned on Monday, I was thrown into the preparations for the ZIWA Arts Festival. I am only exhibiting one painting, called Women and Jazz, in the category A Woman's Accent (a tricky subject). Today I went to the Peyer Gallery in Zurich to deliver my painting and meet some of the other artists.

Before that, I met my ZIWA gardening friends at Meier Garden Centre for lunch. There they were selling spring flowers to plant outside.