Tuesday, 31 March 2020

Tuesday 31 March 2020, Jess's birthday

Today is Jess Clixby's birthday. She liked her kingfisher painting! We are stuck in isolation at home along with everyone else in Switzerland and UK due to Corona Virus. It's extremely infectious, David Hernandez has it and is in isolation in hospital in Blackburn. We are all well, and I am enjoying the peaceful time to do some watercolours. So far, I have done a vase of tulips and a red kite. One bit of good news is that Laura and Dan are expecting a baby in October, and it's a girl!




Richard and I have been going for short walks every day - at around lunchtime, we head towards Oberrieden and walk for 15-20 minutes and then turn back. This year, the weather has been sunny and the blossom trees have been wonderful. We went again today at 12. It was sunny but there was a cold wind.

I made a rhubarb crumble and for tea we also had nice pieces of lean steak with oven chips and peas. Very tasty.

In the evening we saw Holby City which was good, and then I rewatched last Friday's Masterchef quarterfinal when six chefs made desserts resembling favourite sweets.

Tomorrow it's April Fools' Day. I doubt if the Guardian will be doing a joke this year. Now I'm off to bed.