Tuesday, 1 March 2022

Tuesday 1 March 2022, Shrove Tuesday

 Today is also Tam's birthday. I sent her a greeting online. I am happy to have four lovely sisters-in-law: Tam and Julie on the Clixby side and Lesley and Cheri on the Newton side. And Julie often comments on my Facebook posts.

During Covid, it hasn't been easy to keep in touch. We visited Laura, Dan and Cami in January 2022, and also managed to meet up with Lesley and David H, David N and Cheri for dinner at Laura's and to visit the National Gallery in London.

I have also kept in touch with Paul and Hugh through using Wordle and latterly Nerdle (the numbers version which I'm not very good at). We did have a Clixby Clan  reunion online on New Year's Day. We had some fun quizzes. And the Newton Tours and Clixby Clan WhatsApp groups are frequently busy. 

In the meantime, the winter weather has been less severe than usual and Richard and I have had short daily walks. My back is still weak after my fall downstairs last year when I broke my coccyx, but I can stand and walk quite well for short periods of time.

The Covid restrictions were lifted in Switzerland a few days ago, and we only need to wear masks advisedly on public transport now. Throughout Covid, my hairdresser Bianca kept working so I have managed to have my hair cut and coloured every five weeks. A real boost to morale.

Also I have continued to attend Art classes at Kathie Bard's studio in Herrliberg, reachable by car ferry. On Sunday 27 February 2022 it was the Finissage of our group's art exhibition entitled Intersections. I have written a short blog about it at this link: 

https://ziwaartintersections.blogspot.com/2022/02/intersections-2022-art-show-sunday-27.html

A chocolate and lemon  pancake - yum!
I also still do watercolours at home, although I am running out of subjects to paint. And Richard and I do the daily crosswords from the Guardian online. There have also been some good dramas on TV over the past year as well as the often-repeated Midsomer Murders. But we haven't been out for meals this year  since going to local Da Franco when Laura and Dan visited last.

The news lately has been bleak since Russia decided to invade their neighbours Ukraine last week. Our co-host at the Art Show, Olena, has parents and other family members there. Before that, the main topic of news was UK PM Boris Johnson's breaking of the Covid restrictions when he held a party
at 10 Downing Street last summer. 

Later this afternoon, Richard and I will be making pancakes to enjoy - savoury ones and sweet with lemon and sugar! Yum.