Tuesday, 8 March 2016

Tuesday 8 March 2016, International Women's Day

Today I am starting to create my new blog, Julia's Life History. I have made a mind map with 10 categories of entry. In theory any entry could link to any other. They are colour coded and the core colour is yellow.

I plan to use posts and pages. Let's see if it will work. The design and content are a work in progress.

Thalwil in winter sun
It's snowing today in Thalwil, Switzerland, my home for the past 24 years so we cancelled a planned trip to Lausanne, for the second time. While I am typing, I have a view of the Zurichsee and the railway tracks. The line outside leads to Zug and Luzern. I can also see the boats on the Zurisee, but in winter they are few and far between.

Step one of my life story was to start recording thoughts about my early life in Family, add some existing links about Switzerland, write about my education and work history and make a list of all our holidays since 1980. I used Pages for the main headings but I need to access them via Links. It would be nice if I could get page headings to work. And the template is just a trial version so far.